Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, better known as CS:GO, has been a staple in the gaming community for almost a decade. This game has had a major competitive scene, and its high-stakes gameplay attracted millions of players worldwide. However, with the recent release of its successor, Counter-Strike 2, many players wonder how to continue playing CS:GO and what changes to expect. This article aims to guide you through this transition and offer insight into the future of CS:GO.
First, it is important to note that CS:GO has no official servers after the global release of CS2. However, CS:GO fans who want to continue playing CS:GO can do so on various community servers. It is important to note that many of the CS:GO mechanics, maps, and weapons you are familiar with will still be playable.
However, there are some steps you must follow to enjoy some CS:GO games again.
Steps to continue playing CS:GO after the release of CS2
- The first thing to do is to download Steam Counter-Strike 2.
- Once you have downloaded the game, go to the Steam library.
- Then, navigate to Counter-Strike 2 and open the “Properties” option.
- Once you are inside the CS2 properties, select the “Betas” option.
- Then, in the “Betas” menu, you must select “sgo_legacy: Legacy Version of CS:GO.”
- Selecting this last option will start downloading CS: GO’s legacy beta.
- Upon completing the download, when starting CS2, players can select the game they want to access. Players will have the option to access either CS2 or CS:GO. It is important to note that if you select CS:GO, you can run the game without any inconvenience.
Legacy version of CS:GO
As for the legacy version of CS:GO on Steam, it will remain available for the time being. This version of the game provides the standard CS:GO experience without any upgrades or modifications that might accompany the launch of CS2. It is a great option for players who prefer the original CS:GO mechanics and gameplay. It is important to note that CS:GO still has several servers managed by the community and working perfectly.
How long will CS:GO be available with functional support?
According to the information revealed by Valve, CS:GO will be available with functional support until January 1, 2024. This means you can continue enjoying CS:GO without worrying for a few months. During this time, the game will not become obsolete or unsupported.
In conclusion, the release of CS2 does not mean the end of CS:GO. Instead, it provides gamers with fresh opportunities to participate in their favorite game. Whether you decide to stay with CS:GO, move to CS2, or enjoy both games.