If you are playing Overwatch 2, then you may have noticed that the game just received a new update. This update doesn’t make too many changes, but it does add a new game mode called Quick Play: Hacked.
This game mode essentially allows you to respawn faster than usual, has less time on the clock, and has faster capture and payload movement speeds. This allows players to have a more fast paced action that adds some spice to the gameplay.
If you want to learn more about Quick Play: Hacked, here is the official patch notes in full detail:
- Respawning times are now 75% of their original time.
- Payloads in Escort and Hybrid maps will move 60% faster.
- Taking control of the Objective Point in Hybrid is 40% faster than normal.
- Taking control of the objective point in Control is 40% faster than normal, and scoring the capture progress percentage is 80% faster.
- Taking control of the objective point in Flashpoint is 20% faster than normal, and scoring the capture progress percentage is 40% faster.
- When you play an Escort, Hybrid, or Push map, the initial match time has been reduced to 70% of the original time, and any time extensions are also reduced to 70% of the total time added.
- These changes only apply to all players who play in Role Queue and Open Queue Quick Play modes during the duration of the event and will return to normal after January 14. Competitive Play and Arcade modes are not affected by these changes.
Is Quick Play: Hacked Fun?
If you enjoy a much faster pace of action compared to the slow but precise movements in regular Quick Play, then this is certainly for you. Gameplay is similar to games like Titanfall, Apex Legends, Call of Duty, Battlefield, and even Halo in terms of speed. You can quickly respawn and jump back into the fight without having to wait for a few minutes.
It is only available during the weekend, however. It is not a regular playlist that you can hop into at any time. While some players want Quick Play: Hacked to be available at all times, Blizzard has made no effort in making it a permanent game mode for those to enjoy. So, if you are looking for a nice change of pace when playing Overwatch 2, now is the perfect time to go in and have fun.