Fortnite is a popular online video game that is played across multiple platforms, including Xbox, PlayStation, and PC. However, players may sometimes encounter the ESP-BUIMET-003 error, which can hinder their gaming experience. This error is known to occur due to server issues from Epic Games’ end, and can affect players across all platforms.
To resolve this issue, players are advised to first check the status of Fortnite servers. This can be done through various sources, including the Epic Games Public Status page, Fortnite’s Twitter account, or platform-specific server statuses like PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. In this guide, we will explore several methods to fix the ESP-BUIMET-003 error, allowing players to enjoy their Fortnite gaming experience without any interruptions.
How to Fix Esp-Buimet-003 Error in Fortnite?
Fortnite players have reported encountering the ESP-BUIMET-003 error code, which prevents them from logging in to their accounts. Fortunately, there are several solutions that players can try to fix this error. In this section, we will discuss seven methods to resolve the ESP-BUIMET-003 error in Fortnite.
1. Check Server Status
The first step to fixing the ESP-BUIMET-003 error is to check the Epic Games Server Status. If the servers are down or under maintenance, players will need to wait until they are operational again.
2. Restart Your Console or PC
A simple restart of the gaming device, whether it be an Xbox, PlayStation, or PC, can refresh the system and potentially fix the error.
3. Power Cycle Your Console
For a more thorough reset, players can power cycle their Xbox or PlayStation. This involves turning off the console, unplugging it for a few minutes, and then restarting.
4. Sign Out and Back Into Your Account
Logging out and then back into the Xbox or PlayStation account has helped some players resolve the error.
5. Change DNS Settings
Altering the DNS to Google Public DNS is another effective method. The steps differ slightly depending on whether players are on a PC, PlayStation, or Xbox.
- Open Control Panel and navigate to Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Connections.
- Select Properties and double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Enable “Use the following DNS server addresses” and enter 18.104.22.168 (Preferred DNS server) and 22.214.171.124 (Alternate DNS server).
- Go to Network settings, set up the internet connection, and choose manual DNS settings.
- Use 126.96.36.199 as the primary DNS and 188.8.131.52 as the secondary DNS.
- Access Network settings and choose manual under DNS settings.
- Set 184.108.40.206 as the primary DNS and 220.127.116.11 as the secondary DNS.
6. Clear Local Save Game Files & Persistent Storage
Clearing local save game files and persistent storage on the console can also help. Players should ensure that their console is connected to the internet to back up their files to the cloud before proceeding with this step.
7. Run a Soft Factory Reset
As a last resort, players can perform a soft factory reset on their console. However, this method should be used cautiously as it might delete profiles, saves, and other data from the system.
Resolving the ESP-BUIMET-003 error in Fortnite can involve a mix of checking server statuses, restarting devices, adjusting settings, or even a soft reset of the console. By following these steps, players can troubleshoot and potentially fix the error, allowing them to return to their gaming experience.